A favourite quote and a way by which to approach life.

Today is the tomorrow that you worried about yesterday.

Tuesday 11 March 2008

Excuses excuses

I know. I'm sorry. It's about a week since I posted anything on here, and I left it in a bit of a melancholy note. Apologies again. I have a good excuse for not being around, and that is that I've been frantically busy trying to catch up on my OU course work. The course had only just started when I was admitted into hospital and consequently I got three weeks behind. In the past week I've somehow managed to do a hell of a lot of reading for the course, but stayed two and a half to three weeks behind, although I have done an essay in that time too, which was only a few days late and well within the time I was given for an extention. I have to admit that I haven't read any of the text book today, but I have finally finished reading Great Expectations (a marvellous book, if rather a slog at times), so I do feel as though I've done some work. I will, however, have to set to the text books with avengence again tomorrow, especially as I have a tutorial on Saturday afternoon, for which I'm sure I will need to be much closer to the point of catch-up than I am. You may have noticed that I cunningly avoid the notion of working this evening ... I'm, erm ... I'm going out. I'm actually going to the theatre, which I'm counting as study as it's the kind of thing that an arts student should be doing ... even if the play isn't anything to do with the texts I am/will be studying. I can't remember what the play is going to be about - it's called 'Static' - but I'll try to remember to tell you when I get home.

Speaking of the theatre, I went on Saturday too. It was a small, but very good production of Kafka's 'Metamorphosis', which is about a young man who wakes up one morning to discover that he's turned into a giant beetle! (As you do!) It's then about how his family react to it and how they do or don't deal with it. Fascinating stuff, if rather disturbing. The actor who played Gregor - the young man who turned into a beetle - was amazingly agile and did some great acrobatics/gymnastics, largely involving climbing round the walls of the detailed set. He was ever so graceful in his movements and very sympathetic to the part he was playing. All in all it was great!

Well, brief as this has been, and rather shorter than I'd intended, I'd better go as I'm already late for picking up my friend. I will be back though, and much sooner than last time ... honest guv.

No comments: