Last year I devised a set of questions for me and my friends to ask each other on New Year's Eve, and I also did them with my mum. Mum kept a copy and we found it the other day in one of the carol music books so we spent some time yesterday evening going through the questions. I thought that perhaps you might like to think about them too so here they are:
1. What has been your biggest achievement this year?
2. What made you laugh most this year?
3. What has been your favourite/most listened to piece of music this year?
4. What was your best holiday this year?
5. What new skill, if any, have you acquired this year?
6. What's your happiest/fondest memory of this year?
7. What's the best book you've read this year?
8. If you could spend next year as a film character, who would that be?
9. What new hobby did you take up/old hobby did you reinstate this year?
10. What one thing would you really like to do next year?
11. What has been your best discovery of this year?
12. What news story of this year has had the biggest impact on you/do you most remember?
13. What's the best film you've seen this year? (can be at the cinema or DVD etc)
14. What was your best buy this year?
15. What has been your best day out this year?
16. Is there anywhere you'd like to visit next year?
17. Name one thing you did this year that you'd like to do again.
18. Who gave you the best advice this year?
19. What new skill would you like to acquire next year?
20. What was your favourite TV/radio programme of this year?
When I came up with these questions I tried to focus on the positive aspects of life, although I think they also make you consider the other side of things too. One of the things they've done for me is make me think about which areas in the good bits of life I need to make more of an effort with. For example, I had some good days out this year, and I think I can isolate one that I can say was my best of the year (Q.15), but I haven't had as many days out this year as I did last, so maybe next year I need to make sure I have more. The other one I had real difficulty with was Q.4 - best holiday of the year. I've had a couple of days away here and there, but no real holiday in 2008. That is something I definitely need to change for 2009.
I'd really like to hear some of your answers to some of these questions, so please do share some in the comments section :o) In the meantime, have fun thinking about and answering them.