A favourite quote and a way by which to approach life.

Today is the tomorrow that you worried about yesterday.

Wednesday 9 April 2008

Lethargy

I've been tired today, It could be argued that this is because of all the simming, which I'm sure has contributed, but it's not the full explanation. I haven't been sleeping well for weeks, partly because of lungs misbehaving, but partly just because I can't sleep. I'd been hoping that swimming would help tire me out enough to sleep better, but it didn't work so last night I took half a sleeping tablet to knock me out. That did the trick, which was great, but it's left me a bit zonked today. In addition to that, my lungs haven't been up to much today, particularly this afternoon and evening, and tonight they're doing a grand impression of a set of bagpipes. This always makes me tired, I guess in part because I'm not getting as much oxygen into my system as I ought, and also because the effort of breathing is so much more, even when I'm not in an awful state. I'm okay, and I'm pretty sure that I'll be fine, though I do have to be aware that things always have the potential to go extremely wrong extremely quickly. My community care alarm wristband is on and is going next to my bed tonight just in case it all goes pear-shaped, even though I've fairly confident it'll be okay - better to be prepared.

Needless to say, I haven't been swimming today. In fact I haven't done very much of anything today, except for a lot of sofa surfing. I was going to go to Tescos as I'm rather rapidly running out of essentials, but I haven't had the energy or breath for that. If needs be I'll go out in my electric wheelchair tomorrow and get what I can from the local shops, though I'm hoping that things will have improved.

Well I think it's time I went and dosed myself up on the nebuliser and tried to beat this wheeze and chest-tightness into submission.

Night all, and take care.

No comments: