A favourite quote and a way by which to approach life.

Today is the tomorrow that you worried about yesterday.

Tuesday 8 November 2011

Home

I'm home and it's fantastic!  I got home on Saturday afternoon and didn't even have to wait long for my prescription as the fab doctor got it all requested on Friday :o)  W came and picked me up after lunch, and she said she was glad to be the one to bring me home as she'd gone in the ambulance with me, so she saw the circle through.  Bless her.

My lungs are so much better, but it turns out that my blood results are still showing a problem with my liver so I'm going to be sent an appointment for a scan as an out-patient.  Now I don't know if it's this thing with my liver or something else, but I feel sick almost all of the time.  Nausea's been a problem throughout this admission, and I've been taking extra meds for it, but the past couple of days I've been feeling more queasy than I was.  Maybe I'm just more aware of it because I'm at home and trying to get on with other things.  I could do without it though, especially as I'm hoping to get to my university class tonight and I'll have enough to think about just trying to catch up and have the energy to be there.

Speaking of university, while I was in hospital I got the results for my postgraduate certificate in creative writing.  I got a Distinction!  I hardly dared hope that I'd get a Distinction, even though I knew it was a possibility based on my coursework results.  It feels great!  I can hardly believe I've done it!  It gave me a boost while I was in hospital, and now that I'm home and thinking about going back to uni tonight, it's given me another boost to get stuck back in to study.  I just hope that I can catch up on all that I've missed.

Well I know this has been a short post, but I'm going to leave it here for now.  I'm tired.  I need to have a rest before I think about going out to univerisity.  I just wanted to let you know that I'm home, it's great, and the cat has turned into a limpit >^..^<

1 comment:

Ouch Potato said...

Well done on your Distinction Becky :)

I know just how hard it is to study when ill, so you are rapidly becoming the inspiration I need to keep on going with my degree.

Hope all stays well for you, so you can catch up :)