A favourite quote and a way by which to approach life.

Today is the tomorrow that you worried about yesterday.

Wednesday 24 October 2007

Crazy idea

During my latest admission, in an hypoxic state, I came up with a crazy idea. I often have crazy ideas when I'm oxygen deprived and they're usually dismissed fairly rapidly once I get enough O2 in my system again, but I have to say that I was rather taken with this most recent idea. I was thinking about my list of things I want to do, and most specifically about how I might raise some money for the ward as some kind of payback for the amazing care they give me and the number of times they've saved my life. I have decided that I would like to do a sponsored paraglide! I have to think carefully about how on earth I'm going to get up the hill/mountain/cliff in order to jump off it with that little bit of material attached to my back, but I'm hoping that some nice paragliding organisation/school will be able to help me with those kinds of logistics. I know from past adventurous ideas that I can't do a parachute jump because of lack of oxygen so high up and rapid changed of atmospheric pressure, so I had to check out with my consultant that a paraglide would be okay. Now I'm not supposing that he's much of a paragliding man himself (lol at the thought!), but I thought he might have an opinion. He did ... many ;oP but couldn't think of any 'clinical' reason why I shouldn't paraglide. Yay! So that is my crazy plan, which is terrifying my mother ;oP and I've today started investigating how I'm going to do this. How exciting!

No comments: