A favourite quote and a way by which to approach life.

Today is the tomorrow that you worried about yesterday.

Monday 29 October 2007

Sleepless night

I don't feel so grand today. My lungs were rather grumpy last night so I didn't get any sleep. In the scheme of things I wasn't too bad in that I wasn't desperately short of breath, but I couldn't stop coughing and was wheezy enough to keep myself awake with the noise. I'm scarily good (if 'good' is the right word) these days at sleeping through a very tight chest, but usually if it comes on whilst I'm actually asleep. Getting to sleep when you can't breathe to begin with is a whole different matter, especially when the old lungs are making so much noise that they wake you up at the slightest hint of nodding off. Needless to say I'm tired today. Most annoyingly, and as is often the way with these things, things picked up as the dawn approached, but by this time I was too mentally stimulated to sleep so I got up around 6:30am and went for a drive to the coast. St. Mary's Lighthouse is always beautiful, and to get there just as the sun was breaking through the morning cloud, giving a warm, golden hue to the sun and the sea was gorgeous. Unfortunately I was a little late with my camera to catch the sunrise on digital film as the best of it had past during my drive, but it was still lovely. Given that I wasn't feeling that great and was tired, I didn't go for much of a wander, but I did take a few photos of the sea. In the OU course that I'm trying to catch up on I've (supposedly) been learning about exposure and the different elements that can be adjusted to get correct exposure in different lighting conditions or to gain different effects. This morning I had a little play with ISO settings, though largely experimented with shutter speed. I haven't had a chance yet to see what the results were, but I'm not expecting anything great as I really was experimenting. I'll have a look in a bit and see what I got.

Since getting back home around 9:30am (it took ages to get back because of the work/school traffic) I've had a little nap, which has taken the edge of the tiredness. My friend JW came round for a bit this afternoon, and it was nice to have a bit of company, but I'm exhausted now and fit only for sofa surfing. I'm sincerely hoping that my lungs let me sleep tonight.

On the paragliding front, I'm still waiting to hear back from AirVentures to see if they can help me.

No comments: