A favourite quote and a way by which to approach life.

Today is the tomorrow that you worried about yesterday.

Tuesday 23 October 2007

A First Entry

This is my first entry, which is obvious as this is the first post on the blog - duh! Anyway, I thought I'd get started after the idea of beginning a blog came to me during my latest hospital admission.

I got home yesterday evening after an eleven day stay at my usual hospital, where I have direct access to the respiratory ward. It's a weird life going in and out of hospital all the time (every few weeks really), and keeps one oddly dependent on others for the most basic of things. I resent it sometime, although I always fully appreciate all that the medics and nursing staff do for me ... it's more the need to be reliant on them that can get to me, rather than anything else, but I've come to realise that there's no point in dwelling on the negativity of the situation, because that only makes the whole thing so much more miserable. It's much better to allow the gloomy times to have their time when they come, but to get on making the most of life the rest of the time. This has been no easy learning curve for me, and in my time I have suffered from the most debilitating depression, at times requiring admission into mental health units, but these days I'm lucky enough to have broken free of the jaws of that particular beast.

So anyway, as I said before, I'm fresh out of the resp ward of my local hospital where I am a regular. It's great to be back home, but I've had to take things easy today because my lungs have been feeling a little grumpy, despite their recent reminder on what they're supposed to do. I've been lying on the sofa most of the day (sofa surfing, so i call it), which is really rather dull, but better sofa surfing than hospital bed surfing :o) The cat, Zach, has pinned me down and refused to let me out of his sight. He puts up with a lot with me disappearing on and off for a week or more at a time, so it's little wonder he's ... emotionally challenged. It's lovely to have his company though, and lovely to feel unconditionally loved, even if it is by the cat >^..^<

This has been a bit of a ramble, and rather disjointed, but hopefully subsequent posts will be more coherent. I'll sign off for now though, have a play with the rest of the site, and then head to bed.

No comments: