A favourite quote and a way by which to approach life.

Today is the tomorrow that you worried about yesterday.

Monday 26 May 2008

the Newcastle-Gateshead millennium bridge





I went for a bit of a wander by the river last night to clear my head a little. I love it down there at night when the bridges are all lit up, and although the millennium bridge (The Blinking Eye, as it is affectionately called due to the blinking action it makes when it opens/raises) is the newest of the river's bridges, it is one of my favourites. I took my camera with me last night and took a few photos of the bridges. It was relatively mild and good to get out and blow away some of the miserableness that was lurking within. It didn't get rid of it, and I still had a few tears before bed, but it helped to focus on other aspects of life and the wider world.


Here's another one of the Blinking eye, with the other bridges in the background and the SageGateshead on the left too. I love how the arches of the bridges and the SageGateshead are all reflected in each other, creating a real sense of unity. The quayside area of Newcastle used to be a kind of wasteland area of warehouses that would occasionally spontaneously combust/be subject to arson when I was child. It's amazing and wonderful to see how it's been transformed over the years to become the vibrant and beautiful area that it is now.

No comments: