A favourite quote and a way by which to approach life.

Today is the tomorrow that you worried about yesterday.

Monday 1 September 2008

Bagpipes

Today is a bad day for my lungs and they're doing a fine impression of a set of bagpipes. I haven't been too grand for a couple of days, which I think has been down to the warm, humid weather, but today the air is a little clearer so today's lung-tightness most likely isn't due to that. This evening I've wondered if I'm getting an infection of some kind, because I've got a very slight sore throat and a few sniffles, which could just be a cold, but colds more than often land me in hospital, because my lungs go into major protest. This is the down side of being on immuno-suppressants for my asthma - susceptibility to infection is greatly increased - and my immune system is fairly screwed up to start with. So yes, I've been struggling today and I'm not sure whether this is the beginnings of another downward spiral into hospital, or if it's a blip that is rescuable (is that a word?). My peak flow has fallen to 150 today and isn't picking up much or for long after nebs. This is a bad sign, but I'm really hoping that I can beat this blip and not end up having to fight for my life again in the very near future, especially as I have an exam for my OU course in about seven weeks time. I'd also just like not to have to do the exhausting fight.

I suppose the upside is that I'm forced to sofa surf, which means that I have more study possibility than if I was free to go out and enjoy myself ... Hmm, I have a feeling that this is sounding a little desperate in the attempt to find a positive. I am.

2 comments:

Joey Paul said...

I've been suffering for the past week or so, but then I *did* overdo it ALOT on holiday so it could be down to that, but I've also been running a fever, and coughing a lot more which means I'm coming down with something and will most likely join you in the hospital going and the big fight for breath. I hope things pick up for you soon.

Love and Prayers

BeckyG said...

I hope we both pick up, and that you manage to stay out of hospital for a while yet. Take care.