A favourite quote and a way by which to approach life.

Today is the tomorrow that you worried about yesterday.

Friday 29 May 2009

The next installment

I got post this morning, and in the post was a letter from the Criminal Justice System. I have been summoned to court to appear as a witness in the case of the attempted theft of the holey watering can! I can't really see how my evidence is going to help the case along, other than to say that I am the owner of the holey watering can, and that after being made aware of its attempted theft I looked out of the window and sure enough there was a space where the watering can had been. How on earth am I going to keep a straight face?! I'm sure I'll break down into fits of giggles at the absurdity of the situation.

As I reported in the update on the saga, the guy who tried to steal the watering can had gone missing for a while, but had then handed himself into the police. Now, I'd have thought this would be an admission of guilt ... as did the police when they contacted me after this event ... especially as he did then 'come clean' about his involvement in the situation and his use of the minor in the crime. However, it turns out that in his hearing on 20th May he pleaded 'Not Guilty', which seems quite odd to me, but I guess he thought he'd try his luck so we'll see what happens.

I guess I'm unlikely to hear anything more now until after the court case on 29th July, but I'll let you know. In the meantime, Wilfred is doing a fine job guarding the watering can, and as far as I'm aware no other attempted thefts have occurred.

5 comments:

Dawn said...

LOL!! Maybe you could also take Wilfred along and he could update the court as to anything untoward that he has seen since taking up his post? haha xx

Joey Paul said...

LOL...I shall be thinking of you in the witness stand, or are you giving evidence by video link?

Joey Paul said...

Are you okay? I hope you're not in hospital, but I haven't heard from you in a while and was worried..

rattles said...

Hellooooo becky
You have an award called the Honesty scrap award. Check it out!!! Lotsa lv Xxx

BeckyG said...

Hello all, and thank you for your comments. Sorry I haven't been around recently. I've been out enjoying myself (for the most part) since finishing my latest OU course. Thank you for your concern though Joey - it's lovely of you :o)

Rattles, thank you so much for the award. How do I go about checking it out?

Re the court case: I can indeed give evidence by video link if I want to, but I don't really think I'm in that much danger from a wayward scrap metal merchant, even if he is a thief.

Dawn, I thought maybe I could take Wilfred along to reassure the magistrate, but then that would leave the watering can unguarded. Maybe I ought to take a photo along instead ;oP